Some Selected Important GK bits for all Competitive Exams 2016
1. Who is known as Modern Bhoja ?
Answer: Krishnadeva Raya
2. Who started Shudhi Movement ?
Answer: Dayananda Saraswathy
3. Which Pakistan President signed the Tashkent Agreement ?
Answer: Ayub Khan
4. Which Substance is known as Philosopher's wool ?
Answer: Zinc Oxide
5. Which Vitamin helps in the absorption of Calcium ?
Answer: Vitamin D
6.Who discovered Rh Factor ?
Answer: Karl Landsteiner (the same person discovered Blood Group)
7. Who wrote the book Harmonies of World ?
8. Where is the Headquarters of Amnesty International ?
10. The image formed on the Retina of the human eye is ________ ?
Answer: Real and inverted
11.Who discovered Microphone ?
Answer: Alexander Graham Bell
12. Myopia (Short sightedness) can be corrected by using a _______ lens ?
13. Hypermetropia (Long sightedness) can be corrected using a _________ ?
Answer: Convex lens
14. Erg is the unit of _____?
15. Dyne is the unit of ______ ?
16. Poise is the unit of _______ ?
Answer: Viscosity of fluid
Colour of different lamps
Sodium Vapour lamp =>> Yellow
Hydrogen Vapour lamp =>> Blue
Nitrogen Vapour lamp =>> Red
Mercury Vapour lamp =>> White
Neon Vapour Lamp =>> Orange
Chlorine Vapour Lamp =>> Green
* 17.Which cricketer has the nick name Haryana Hurricane ?
Answer: Kapil Dev
* 18. Who is the law Adviser of the central Government ?
Answer: Attorney General
* 19. Which is the acid present in tomato ?
Answer: Oxalic acid
* 20. Which disease is also known as Hansen's disease ?
* 21. Who gave the Pacific Ocean its name ?
* 22.Which state has large number of cinema theater in India?
Answer: Andhara Pradesh
For more selected random general knowledge questions visit http://importantquestionsabout.blogspot.in/2012/09/random-gk-quiz-questions.html
Did you know which planet has the shortest day and night ?