Part (A) General Knowledge Questions
Current affairs Questions !!!!!!!!!
1. Who was named AIFF (All India Football federation) player of the year 2012 ?
Answer: Syed Rahim Nabi
2. How many gold medal were won by India at Copa Brasil - 2012 Tournament for wrestling ?
3. The reserve Bank of India has asked banks to ensure withdrawal of Non-CTS 2010 standard cheques with CTS standard -2010 cheques by ?
Answer: error in answer
4. Recently consensus on GST have been arrived by center and states. What does GST mean ?
Answer: Goods and service Tax
5. Who was elected as vice president of Indian National Congress ?
Answer: Rahul Gandhi
6. The government of India has given ......... "language of the 8th schedule" the status of official language ?
7. Who was world biggest exporter of rice in 2012 as per the latest report by food & Agriculture organization ?
8. The National development Council has approved recently the 12th five year paln and set an annual average growth target of ?
Answer: 8.2 %
9. India on Oct-4, 2012 successfully test fired nuclear capable Prithvi-2 ballistic missile from a test range at Balasore. This was a ?
Answer: Surface to Surface Missile
10. The refractive indices of Kerosene, Turpentine and water are 1.44. 1.47 and 1.33 respectively. Light will have maximum speed in ?
11. Which of the following gases are given out during Photosynthesis ?
12. Who is credited with the discovery of Electron ?
Answer: J.J Thompson
13. What is the Script of Ashoka's inscription ?
14. The first temporary president of Constituent Assembly?
Answer: Dr. Sachidanand Sinha
15. Which among the following was the major demand of Bardoli Styagraha (1928) organized under the leadership of sardar Vallabh Bhai Patel ?
Answer: Rollback of newly enhanced revenue rate
16. During the time of which Mughal emperor did the English East India Company establish its first factory in India ?
17. Find the incorrect statement
a) Spring tide is caused by the gravitational pull of the moon and the sun together in the same direction
b) A line on a map that join all the places of the same height above sea level is called contour line
c) Full moon occurs when the moon comes between the Earth and the sun
d) The difference in minutes between the Greenwich time and the local time at a place can be derived by multiplying the longitude of place by four
Answer: Full moon occurs when the moon comes between the Earth and the sun
18. The central government on 1st Jan 2013 launched the pilot phase of direct cash benefits transfer scheme. Under this scheme the cash will be directly transferred to the intended beneficiaries through?
answer: Aadhar Linked Bank accounts
19. Identify the three leader states in wind energy among the following ?
Answer : Tamil Nadu, Maharashtra, Gujarat
20. Dr. Montek Singh Ahluwalia said recently that the term "Bimaru" states should be done away with. Which sates was/were termed as Bimaru state ?
Answer: Bihar, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan and Uttar Pradesh
21. Bhopal Gas tragedy is associated with leakage of ?
Answer: Methyl ISO Cryanate
22. Which company has developed AKASH , the cheapest tablet computer ?
Answer: Data Wind
23. Which of the following articles of constitution says that the executive power of every state shall be so exercised as not to impede or prejudices the exercise of the executive power of India ?
Answer: Article 257
24. The distance between the earth and Sun is greatest during ?
25. Who is the General Secretary of CPI(M) ?
Answer: Prakash Karat
More will be added soon !!!
Did you know which is the weakest force in the world ?